STANDING POOL RULES
All members of the household are accountable for the following rules once membership has been processed.
Please note: membership fees are valid for one calendar year. However, Pinehurst Cabana Club is open each year between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Hours are subject to change. Please refer to the calendar for up to date times.
The pool manager and lifeguards shall be in charge of all Corporation facilities, and shall have full authority to enforce these rules, and to expel or exclude any person violating these rules.
- Prohibited actions or activities:
- No running, wrestling, pushing or snapping of towels in the pool or pool area.
- No spitting in the pool or pool area.
- No pets in the pool or pool area.
- No throwing rocks or other foreign objects in or about the pool.
- No diving. Feet first entry only.
- No riding bicycles, skateboards, roller skates or roller blades in the pool area.
- No hard rubber balls (tennis balls) allowed, only sponge (nerf) balls may be used.
- No Large Styrofoam flotation devices (boogey board).
- No squirt guns.
- No Gum.
- No smoking in any form is allowed on premises, including electronic, etc.
- Persons with colds, running noses, skin diseases, or other communicable diseases may not enter the pool.
- While at the pool, children under 8 must be accompanied by a responsible person 12 years or older.
- Children must be accompanied in the water by an attentive adult unless the child has passed a swimming test given by the pool manager or lifeguard. Such test shall consist of swimming the width of the pool.
- The wading pool is to be used ONLY by those young children who cannot swim and are 6 years of age or younger, and such children MUST BE SUPERVISED BY A PARENT OR OTHER RESPONSIBLE ADULT AT ALL TIMES.
- No bandages are to be worn in the pool.
- All trash, papers, etc., must be placed in containers provided for this purpose. Place aluminum cans in recycle containers.
- Glass containers, plates, bowls, or bottles are prohibited in the pool area.
- Fifteen(15) minutes each hour shall be allowed for the exclusive adult (18 years and older) swim period. An exception will be that young non-swimmers assisted by parents may be permitted with lifeguard approval.
- Persons using the pool are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool.
- Parents are reminded to take young children to the restroom before allowing them to enter the pool.
- No employee of the club shall be reprimanded or in anyway punished by any member, guest or visitor. Any inattention to duty or lack of courtesy on the part of a club employee shall be reported to the pool manager, or the President.
- No member, guest, or visitor, shall take any article belonging to the Corporation from Corporation premises without the approval of the pool manager or the Board of Directors.
- Any violation of these rules is punishable by a fine or suspension by the Board of Directors, as provided in the Bylaws.
- Members who have been suspended shall not be admitted to Corporation properties for the period of the suspension. Members may be expelled for non-payment dues or for flagrant violation of these rules, as provided in the Bylaws.
- The pool shall be open at the hours posted at the pool. The pool manager shall have the prerogative to close the pool when less than ten persons are using the facilities, or when inclement weather poses a hazard.
- The use of water toys may be restricted when the pool is crowded.
When coming to the pool, all members must sign in at the front desk with your Name and Membership Number. No “guest” of a member is allowed into the pool without the Members presence. Guest fees are $5 per person, adults and kids alike, and without an approved party reservation you are limited to 10 guests on any one day. To clarify: A guest is a person not in your immediate family, nor any resident of Pinehurst. If you would like to have 10 guests or more in a single day, contact the Pinehurst Cabana Club secretary at email@example.com to reserve an event.
NOTE: Each Family membership is allowed a maximum of 25 guests for the summer season.